- 2. The Policy
- 3. Your Rights
1.1. Who We Are
We are Dynamic Youth Theatre, a registered charity (registration number 1177421).
Our charitable purpose is for the public benefit delivered through the advancement of education in, the promotion of, participation in, and appreciation of the performing arts among children and young people aged between 6 and 18 by the public presentation of performances and associated activities.
For the purposes of data protection law, the Data Controller is Steve Everett who can be contacted by email at [email protected].
1.2. How To Contact Us
We hope that we will be able to resolve any questions or concerns you have. However, you may at any time raise your concern with the UK Information Commissioner.
2. The Policy
2.1. Information We Collect
We will collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us on your membership form when you join Dynamic Youth Theatre. This may be as a performer or as a volunteer in some other capacity (e.g. back-stage helper).
- Information you subsequently provide to us through further contact with Dynamic Youth Theatre. This may be via phone, email, the Dynamic Youth Theatre website, related social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) or any other method of contact or correspondence.
If you visit the Dynamic Youth Theatre website we may automatically collect various technical information about your visit including, but not limited to, the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type & version, time-zone setting, browser plug-in types & versions and operating system and platform.
2.2. How We Use The Information We Collect
Personal information collected from membership forms and via any subsequent or related contact will be used by Dynamic Youth Theatre to:
- Manage the operation of the Dynamic Theatre Group and its membership in delivering its charitable objectives
- Manage the delivery of theatrical productions, including any associated activities (e.g. rehearsals, auditions, social events)
- Ensure that performers and other volunteers are kept as safe as possible
- Notify members and volunteers of future productions and/or events to be hosted by Dynamic Youth Theatre
- Notify members and volunteers of any other related events not hosted by Dynamic Youth Theatre that may interest them (e.g. theatre workshops)
Audio-visual information (photographs, videos, recordings, etc) of members or volunteers will not be collected, stored or processed by Dynamic Youth Theatre for any purposes unless specific prior consent has been obtained from the member or volunteer concerned. Should specific consent be given Dynamic Youth Theatre may use such images, videos and/or recordings for the following purposes:
- Promoting future Dynamic Youth Theatre productions and/or hosted events to the wider public using both physical media (e.g. posters, newsletters) and electronic media (e.g. email, websites, social media)
- Including images of performers and/or volunteers in the programme for any current production
- Where production licensing permits, including videos and/or photographs of the current production to be made available for sale to those performers who appeared in the production on physical media such as DVDs, etc.
Audio-visual and other information that members and/or volunteers post themselves on social media, including any social media platform hosted and/or managed by Dynamic Youth Theatre will be at the member’s or volunteer’s own risk. Although such information will not be used or processed further by Dynamic Youth Theatre without specific consent, Dynamic Youth Theatre will not be held responsible for the further use of such information by others who have access to the social media platform concerned.
Technical information collected when you visit the Dynamic Youth Theatre website will be used for the sole purpose of improving the experience of your visit and ensuring that the information on our website is presented to you in the best possible way for the device that you are using to access it (e.g. phone, computer, tablet).
2.3. Who Has Access To Your Information
The database containing information collected from the membership form when members and/or volunteers join Dynamic Youth Theatre and collected through any subsequent contact with Dynamic Youth Theatre, including audio-visual information, is only available to the trustees of the Dynamic Youth Theatre charity.
A limited subset of this information will be made available to specific volunteers (e.g. chaperones) during auditions, rehearsals and other events hosted by Dynamic Youth Theatre sufficient only for such volunteers to be able to carry out their assigned role, and only for the duration of the event. Such information may include, but not be limited to:
- The member’s or volunteer’s name, age and photograph sufficient for identification of the member or volunteer
- Contact information for the member’s or volunteer’s parent, guardian or other identified responsible adult if the member or volunteer is a child
- Any notes supplied by the member’s or volunteer’s parent, guardian or other identified responsible adult (if the member or volunteer is a child) required to ensure the member or volunteer is properly cared for during the performance, rehearsal, audition or other hosted event
- Any information required for member or volunteer safeguarding purposes
Dynamic Youth Theatre will not:
- Sell or rent member or volunteer information to any third parties
- Share member or volunteer information with third parties for marketing purposes not related to Dynamic Youth Theatre’s performances and other hosted events
- However we may share limited information about members and volunteers, including audio-visual information where specific consent has been given, with selected third parties specifically for the purposes of promoting future Dynamic Youth Theatre performances and other hosted events.
If Dynamic Youth Theatre is required to share personal information about members or volunteers in order to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the charity and its members and/or volunteers, then such information will be shared as necessary and/or required. This includes exchanging information with statutory bodies and others for the purposes of fraud protection, safeguarding and in the pursuit of any criminal investigation undertaken by the authorities.
In operating the Dynamic Youth Theatre website it may become necessary to transfer any information we collect from you via our website to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By providing your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
If you use our website while you are outside the European Union, you should be aware that any information you submit via the website may be transferred outside the European Union.
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your information is stored securely. However the sending information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. Dynamic Youth Theatre cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically and sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
2.4. How Long We Store Your Information
Dynamic Youth Theatre will retain information about members and volunteers for the duration of time that they remain members and/or volunteers and for the period of one calendar year afterwards. The reason for this is that members and/or volunteers often take a break from one or more production lifecycles due to other commitments, only to return for subsequent ones.
During such a break situation the member and/or volunteer will be marked as dormant in the membership database and no further use (but see below) or processing of the member’s or volunteer’s information will take place until either that person returns as an active member or volunteer, or a period of one calendar year has elapsed whereupon that person’s information will be irrevocably deleted.
Where a member or volunteer has been marked as dormant we may, from time-to-time, send that member or volunteer information about future Dynamic Youth Theatre events.
2.5. The Legal Basis For Storing and Processing Your Information
For personal information supplied on membership forms and through any further contact with Dynamic Youth Theatre (excluding such information where its collection, storage and use is subject to specific consent) the legal basis for collection, storage and use of such information is the the legitimate need of Dynamic Youth Theatre for the use of such information in managing its operation and delivering its charitable objectives in an enjoyable, safe and secure environment.
For personal information supplied on membership forms and through any further contact with Dynamic Youth Theatre subject to specific consent (e.g. audio-visual), then your specific consent is the legal basis for the collection, storage and processing of such information.
If we ask you to provide personal information for any other use (e.g. to comply with a legal requirement) we will:
- Make it clear at the relevant time what the information will be used for and by whom
- Ask for your specific consent to use the information
- Advise you whether the provision of such information is mandatory or not
- Advise you of the possible consequences if you do not provide the information
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit. They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns but do not identify you as an individual.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. However, turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
The Dynamic Youth Theatre website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations.
3. Your Rights – Under the 2018 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have the following rights.
3.1. The Right To Be Informed
3.2. The Right of Access
3.3. The Right To Rectification
You have the right to have any personal data we hold on you corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We must also correct any such information that has been passed to third parties. You can do this by submitting a Correction Request to the Data Controller who will ensure that your information is updated and/or corrected within one month of your request. There will be no charge for such a request.
3.4. The Right to Erasure
This is also known as the ‘Right To Be Forgotten’. You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. The right to erasure does not provide an absolute ‘right to be forgotten’. You have the right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed
- Where you have withdrawn consent (for that information where consent was the legal basis for collection, storage and processing)
- Where you have objected to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- Where the personal data has been unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the data protection law)
- Where the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
- Where the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child
You can request erasure of your personal information by submitting an Erasure Request to the Data Controller who will ensure that your information is irrevocably deleted within one month of your request. There will be no charge for such a request. However, you should be aware that if Dynamic Youth Theatre is not able to hold and process sufficient personal information on you to enable you to participate in performances and other hosted events in a safe and secure manner then your membership will cease.
3.5. The Right To Restrict Processing
You have the right to request that further processing and usage of your personal information is restricted in circumstances:
- Where you have contested the accuracy of the personal information we hold on you
- Where you have objected to the processing of your personal information as being either unlawful or not for the purposes it was originally collected for
- When processing is unlawful and the individual opposes erasure and requests restriction instead
- Where Dynamic Youth Theatre no longer needs the personal information but you require it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
- In the above circumstances we will continue to store your personal data but undertake no further processing or usage of it until such time as it is corrected or its accuracy verified, the legality of its processing has been established, or you no longer need the information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
You can request processing restrictions of your personal information by submitting a Processing Restriction Request to the Data Controller who will ensure that your information remains stored but unprocessed within one month of your request. There will be no charge for such a request. However, you should be aware that if Dynamic Youth Theatre is not able to process sufficient personal information on you to enable you to participate in performances and other hosted events in a safe and secure manner then your membership may either be suspended or, in extreme cases, ceased.
3.6. The Right To Data Portability
The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse you personal information for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal information easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
You can request a machine readable copy of your personal information by submitting a Portability Request to the Data Controller who will send you by email a file containing your information in the CSV format (Comma Separated Variable – a data interchange format readable by most common IT applications and systems) within one month of your request. There will be no charge for such a request.
3.7. The Right To Object
You have the right to object to:
- The processing of your personal information based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- The processing of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling)
- The processing of your personal information for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
You can object to the processing of your personal information by submitting an Objection Request to the Data Controller who will ensure that your information remains stored but unprocessed immediately unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the individual and/or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
There will be no charge for such a request. However, you should be aware that if Dynamic Youth Theatre is not able to process sufficient personal information on you to enable you to participate in performances and other hosted events in a safe and secure manner then your membership may either be suspended or, in extreme cases, ceased.
3.8. Rights in Relation To Automated Decision Making & Profiling
The General Data Protection Regulations provide safeguards for individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken without human intervention. Individuals have the right not to be subject to a decision when:
- It is based on automated processing
- It produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on the individual
However, Dynamic Youth Theatre do not use any IT systems or applications that involve automated decision making without human intervention in any form. Remediation under this right is therefore not currently applicable.